Trying to find squareness in a boat is like looking for...well...don't bother.This seems to indicate that the 13 gal. tank will fit where I thought it would, remaining behind the original 'line' of the old locker leaving enough room for the toilet. Actually managed to sit the tank on the square to make sure it would work while everything was taped up.
Looking hopeful. The tank slopes slightly forward to assist in sludge removal--yes, that was planned.
I reused the ceramic bowl but fitted a new Raritan PHII manual pump to it. This pump has worked exceedingly well over the years.
Due to smell concerns I opted for rigid PVC plumbing on the boat. With a thin schedule pipe and a heat gun, this rigid tubing can be bent to most any shape needed and has held up and worked very well.
I designed the head for extended cruising and expected to sail more than 3 miles offshore. As a result, I decided to keep the discharge through-hull to allow emptying the tank at sea. Because the tank was slightly elevated this discharge is gravity driven, removing the necessity for an additional pump.
Trying to figure out the shelving/cabnet/drawer options above the holding tank. Settled on a cabnet with a shelf on one side and the other completely open.
I over-sized this vent as much as possible to increase air circulation in the tank.
I used allen head screws so that I could finish the project by myself and not have to be in two places at once
The cabinet frame coming together. With the purchase of the "Dowel-It" it is now moving along faster and better aligned.